Thursday, May 7, 2015

Wine Cork Jewelry Organizer / DIY


The other day as I was getting ready to leave the house, I was hurriedly trying to untangle a necklace from my collection. Admittedly, I was frustrated and thought surely there has to be an easier way to organize these suckers. It occurred to me that a simple wine cork could be the solution to my problem.

Here's an easy DIY I came up with...


Things You Need:  

Wine Corks
2 1/2" Trim Screws
Electric Drill
Drill Press (optional)
Drill Bits


Fortunately, my son owns a drill press that I was lucky enough to borrow.  If you don't have a drill press, a handheld drill will get the job done.  I eyeballed the center of the cork and pre-drilled through each cork.


Next, I attached the corks to the wall (there was no rhyme or reason to positioning the corks; I simply arranged them randomly).  Tip:  It helps to sink the trim screw most of the way through the cork prior to attaching to the wall.  I used my cordless drill for this process and completed the project in no time.


I could have easily lined the corks up on a piece of wood trim and hung it as one unit. However, I opted to let each cork stand alone and in the process something artistic developed.  These days, I'm all about simplicity and I think this DIY project nailed it on the head! :)

I hope your day is going well.  I would love for you to come visit my feed over on Instagram.

:) Dana

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...