Friday, July 1, 2011

Wisteria Cart


This post has the potential of sounding like a poorly written *commercial ~ but what can I say? The facts are the facts!  Storage space is scarce in my home so I'm always on the lookout for additional ways to creatively store items.  I fell for a vintage baker's cart at Round Top but practicality was an issue.  


Luckily I ran across this cart at the Wisteria Outlet.  Although it's newly constructed, it has been made from reclaimed lumber so it has the feel of a vintage piece to me. I love it not only because it has ample space to stash everyday essentials like dishes and linens but it also provides a great space for display.   It fits beautifully in this little nook in my dining room.  
  

It's no surprise ~ I love the casters ~ they make it easy to move from room to room.  Which is a good thing for me ~ invariably it will end up in another room in due time.  Another great feature is the way the iron detail frames the piece out ~ it adds character out the wazoo! 


A great place to display my vintage scale collection, crocks, ironstone and more!


This little corner is a little slice of heaven for me ~ the open shelf unit has the feeling of a Parisian style kitchen.  It also holds some of my favorite flea market finds ~ maybe it's a good thing I don't have much storage space in my house. :)  

*See what I mean? 

6 comments :

  1. Love your new piece~ what did you do with the old pie safe???

    And I have a surprise for your birthday.... hope to drop it by before I head out tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still around ~ moved to another location. :) I'm not opposed to selling it though. Have a great trip! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! Looks like a shelf from Anthropologie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're absolutely right Rebecca ~ it does look like something from Anthropologie...probably why I love it so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cart! I saw it someplace (can't remember where) and I loved it then! I had to laugh when you said it would be moved to another place in your house... that is what happens here all the time! Nothing ever stays where I originally put it!
    :) Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susan ~ I'm not sure how I missed this! The cart is definitely a favorite of mine too! I think moving things around always makes everything feel new ~ and it's good for the budget! Thanks for stopping by. XO

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...